This resource with 21 files including power points, worksheets and activities; teaches and supports the learning of Viva 2 Module 1 Las Vacaciones.
There are the following resources for each unit within the module:
1.1 - A power point to introduce the vocabulary in relation to countries, who with and transport, all using the verb ‘IR’. There is also a 0 and X game to reinforce the vocabulary.
1.2 - The power point introduces the activities using AR verbs, The power point follows the exercises in the book and provides answers and uses extra aural activities to practice the vocabulary and the sequencers. There is a trapdoor speaking game and a translation exercise to finish. There is a separate power point to explain the formation of AR verbs in the past tense, plus 2 worksheets with different activities to practice AR verbs in the preterite tense.
1.3 - The first power point introduces the ER / IR verbs in the preterite tense and follows the exercises in the book. There is also a speaking activity to reinforce the vocabulary. There is a separate power point to teach the ER and IR verbs with a choose the correct phrase activity and a translation task to finish. There is a sheet to practice the formation of the verbs.
1.4 - The power point introduces the opinion words and follows the exercises in the book with answers. There is a speaking activity to consolidate learning at the end. Furthermore there is a crossword to practice the vocabulary.
Following on from this there are several activities to consolidate the vocabulary and grammar.
- An exam style photo card with a model answer for pupils, then questions and pointers for formulating good answers.
- A differentiated reading comprehension - one with a gap fill and true or false questions in Spanish, and a less able version.
- A grammar activity to practice the verbs and vocabulary
- 2 games to practice the vocabulary and verbs, a group running game and then the ‘dot’ game where the pupils work in twos or threes and take it in turns to join the dots on the paper around an expression. The pupil who completes the square gets to translate the square, if they translate it correctly they colour in the box.
- An extension vocabulary challenge using a beach scene to encourage students to learn extra vocabulary.