This resource contains 24 worksheets / workbook (with answers and progress check) of mastery maths resources to support the delivery of the Year 1 Measurement - Block 4 - Spring Term White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. These resources are for Week 10.
The worksheets contain tasks (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and include reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
The resources focus on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 1 Maths National Curriculum Objectives
- Measure and begin to record mass/weight
- Compare, describe and solve practical problems for mass/weight:
White Rose Small Steps
- Introduce weight and mass
- Measure mass
- Compare mass
The worksheets are designed to enable the pupils to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Pupils use the following terms to describe and compare weight - heavier, lighter, heaviest, lightest, mass.
- Pupils use non-standard units such as cubes, bricks, pencils to measure and compare the weight and mass of objects.
- Pupils use reasoning and problem solving skills to work out solutions to weight and mass problems.
You may also be interested in an accompanying PowerPoint lesson:
Save money and buy both resources in a bundle:
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide: