Students will use the Street View tool in Google Earth to observe various real world examples of playgrounds around the world and make inferences about other cultures based on their version of play.
• Students will compare and contrast examples of public play spaces in different locations around the world to the play spaces where they live.
• Students will form hypotheses about what public play spaces tell us about the culture and values of a community.
• Students will draw on real world examples of play spaces to design a toy or play space that represents their culture and solves a problem or address the limitations presented in their own community.
• Does “play” look the same in different communities around the world?
• What do public play spaces tell us about the culture and values of a community?