This resource contains:
1. A fully editable and informative 90-slide PowerPoint presentation on Wimbledon and tennis.
2. A 50 question interactive PowerPoint quiz.
The PowerPoint contains references to the history of tennis and its growth and development, notable Wimbledon achievements, interesting Wimbledon facts and past and present players and their achievements. The PowerPoint also contains hyperlinks to one of Fred Perry’s Wimbledon wins, one of Andy Murray’s wins, one of Margaret Court’s wins, Virginia Wade’s win, Cliff Richard’s impromptu performance at Wimbledon when rain stopped play and a video of Wimbledon’s funniest moments through the years.
The quiz contains 50 questions on Wimbledon and tennis. There are 3 multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the ball image. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals/teams to record their answers. Or these could be given to pupils for research.
1. Which king had a tennis court built at Hampton Court in 1530?
2. How many tennis tournaments are there in the Grand Slam?
3. When did the Wimbledon Championships begin?
4. What is the minimum number of games in a set?
5. Who has won the most Ladies’ Singles at Wimbledon?
6. What are the clubs colours?
7. How many ball boys and ball girls are there at the Wimbledon tournament?
You may also be interested in:
Save money and buy the Wimbledon bundle at a discounted rate:
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.