This resource contains the second set in a series of 4 sets of resources designed to consolidate some of work undertaken in the White Rose Maths Scheme small steps Year 6 programme. The theme for this investigation resource is the 2018 Football World Cup. It is intended o be used in week 9 of the Summer Term.
The resource contains worksheets and activities on the following National Curriculum Objectives
- Use simple formula expressed in words
- Solve number problems
- Generate and describe linear number sequences
- Convert between standard units of time
- Solve problems involving the calculations of percentages, decimal fractions and fractions for comparison
- Associate a fraction with division to calculate decimal fraction equivalents</p>
Worksheets and Activities
- Triangular Numbers - tasks include the investigation of triangular numbers.
- Number Patterns -this involves calculating the the number of group matches that are played in each group, an investigation into how many matches would be played in groups of varying sizes and the investigation of number patterns.
- Calculations - tasks include the calculation of the number of matches that will be played during the World Cup and an investigation of how many hours of football will be played.
- This focuses on the completion of group tables, a summative World Cup football group table and the population of the round of 16, quarter-final, semi-final, final and third place play off tables.
- Percentages and Probability -an investigation into the probability of countries from the different confederations winning the World Cup.
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.