This resource has been designed for week 12 of the summer term to consolidate the work undertaken in the White Rose Maths Scheme, small steps Year 6 programme delivered in the Summer Term: Weeks 1-11. It contains resources for the following units of work:
Geometry: Properties of Shapes
- Measure with a protractor
- Calculate angles
- Verticallyopposite angles
- Angles in a triangle
- Angles in a triangle – special cases
- Angles in a triangle – missing angles
- Angles in special quadrilaterals
- Angles in regular polygons
- Draw shapes accurately Nets of 3D shapes</p>
- Read and interpret line graphs
- Draw line graphs
- Use line graphs to solve problems
- Circles Read and interpret pie charts
- Pie charts with percentages
- Draw pie charts
- The mean</p>
This pack includes two investigations - one on currency exchange and a chessboard investigation. Pupils are required to use the maths skills and knowledge they have developed throughout Year 6 to carry out these investigations.
This unit contains problem solving tasks to consolidate and challenge pupils’ reasoning, investigative and problem solving skills. Problems involving geometry, statistics, number, money, fractions and decimals are included.
The resource includes 25 worksheets/activities for week 12 of the summer term linked to the above areas with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme. The resources encourage pupils to develop their fluency, reasoning and problem-solving skills. The pack could also be used for revision, assessment, extra practice, extension and for homework.