Introduction to making best use of teaching assistants CPD
‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ is a free online CPD course based on the Education Endowment Foundation’s (EEF) guidance report, designed to provide school leaders and headteachers with step-by-step training material that works towards Teaching Assistant deployment and practice in your school.
The course for school leaders uses a variety of tools and platforms to bring the EEF guidance report to life – from text, to video, to interactive material. Among the diverse range of content available within the course, you’ll find extensive footage from one of the schools who have found tremendously successful results implementing ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’, along with exclusive interviews with Chief Executive of the EEF, Sir Kevan Collins, and two esteemed authors of the guidance report.
Who should enrol on this course?
The deployment of TAs is the responsibility of school leadership. This short free online course is created specifically for headteachers and senior school leaders who are looking to enhance the value and impact of their existing staff.
Help your senior school leaders with:
- Understanding the best practice and research undertaken to make best use of teaching assistants.
- Learning how fine-tuning your deployment can transform the preparation and practice of your TAs.
- Identifying strategies to overcome and avoid key obstacles to change.
- Discovering ways to construct TA Development Teams, ensuring you take all staff with you on your journey of change.
- Gain insight towards how teaching assistant best practice can better all areas of school life.
Across the UK there are hundreds of thousands of teaching assistants, but few have been deployed in a manner that allows them to develop and significantly impact the learning environment they enter. Many lack the necessary training and preparation that TAs need to strive. The ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ course will introduce your senior team to concepts and strategies that will greatly transform the status quo, offering crucial research that investigates how we use TAs, and how they could be used better. The course will explain how you can not only help your leaders raise achievement and make better use of your existing faculty, but also how to improve the working lives of your TAs.
How is the course delivered?
Mike Gershon will guide your leaders through an exploration of the most effective use of teaching assistants in the classroom. The course uses real footage from a Pye Bank CE School classroom, discussions and seminars with the co-authors of the EEF Report, and a huge selection of personalised resources collaboratively designed with schools.
The course is self-directed, and users are encouraged to navigate the course in a linear path. Every unit contained in ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ features two videos, three pieces of text, guidance for the next steps, and a curated set of specialty resources.
- Introduction to the EEF guidance report - ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’
- Your School’s Context
- Teaching Assistant Deployment – School Level
- Teaching Assistant Deployment – Classroom Level
- Preparing Teaching Assistants
- Structured Interventions
- Linking Learning
- Next Steps
Start your free CPD course today
- Click Enrol Now
- Go to Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants
- Click join this course
- Start your Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants