NQT induction programme
A personalised programme of development and support that will equip your NQTs with the tools to become an effective and successful teacher.
NQT induction programme
Bridge the gap between an NQT's Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and their career in teaching with our newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction programme.
What is NQT induction?
Our package is designed to complement the personalised NQT induction plan that you develop for your new teachers, giving you access to a specially designed electronic platform called NQT Manager. Our induction programme can run from one to four terms, depending on whether your NQT has already started the induction process, or needs an additional term of support.
Who is NQT induction for?
Our NQT support package is aimed at all schools and FE institutions that are employing or plan to employ NQTs. It is a statutory requirement that all newly qualified teachers in maintained schools, or non-maintained special schools, in England must successfully complete an induction period. While it is not compulsory in academies and free schools we recommend that all schools give their NQTs the best possible start.
We also offer induction support to teachers who have trained in Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, America and Australia as long as their qualifications are recognised by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and they are teaching in England.
Our NQT induction programme will provide you and your NQTs with:
- Support from an experienced induction team
- Automatic registration and returns to the National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Online training and support for school-based induction tutors
- NQT manager online monitoring system
- In-school visit and support for vulnerable NQTs
- Online guidance and materials available 24/7
- Professional studies training on behaviour for learning, British values, planning and assessment
- Online feedback and monitoring of end of term reports
- Confidential helpline for NQTs
- Newsletters and updates on statutory requirements
- An experienced NQT panel who decide on pass, extension or fail
- Support delivered by an accredited Appropriate Body
- Representation at NCTL appeals as necessary
Find out more about NQT Induction
Register your interest in the programme by clicking 'Get advice' in the form opposite and one of our enrolment advisors will contact you with further information.
Find out more about NQT induction
Submit an enquiry for one of our enrolment advisors to contact you.
NQT Appropriate Body
TES Institute is working in partnership with Davenant Foundation Teaching School, Appropriate Body for NQT induction.