Al Khor International School (AKIS)
About Al Khor International School (AKIS)
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximately 40Km north of Doha.
A co-educational and non-selective school, AKIS offers the following provision to students from Kindergarten through to Post 16 (3-18 years of age):
- British Curriculum (BC)
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) of India
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education Curriculum, including Arabic Language, Qatar History and Islamic Studies.
Over 4,000 students are taught across five buildings, by a dedicated and skilled team of 500+ academic staff, and are supported by a team of more than 50 administrative staff.
AKIS KG, BC, and CBSE are licensed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, and fully comply with its resolutions and the laws of the State of Qatar.
To become a world renowned centre for educational excellence, proudly serving the educational needs of the children of Qatargas employees.
To prepare AKIS' young talent for success in both higher education and the global workplace.
- Academic and operational excellence
- Stakeholder engagement and partnerships
- Cultural diversity
- Professional integrity and collective responsibility
As part of our vision to become one of the leading international schools in the Middle East and mission to provide a world class education for our students, we currently have the following accreditation, from leading educational associations:
- Qatar Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOE)
- Council of British International Schools (COBIS) - Accredited Member
- British Schools in the Middle East
- British Schools Overseas
- Council of International Schools
- International English Testing System (IELTS) Testing Centre