Ark John Keats Academy
Enfield, United Kingdom
About Ark John Keats Academy
The academy is a 3 to 18 all-through school in Enfield. Our intake is mixed and comprehensive in nature. We opened our doors to our first two Reception classes in September 2013 and our first cohort of year 7 pupils joined us in September 2014. We currently have 860 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 4 and in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10. The academy will reach full capacity in 2020 with just under two thousand pupils. We will be opening a brand new VI Form in September 2019. We are currently recruiting staff to be part of the planning and delivery of what must be first rate post-16 provision for our community. The academy was graded Outstanding in all areas in our Ofsted inspection of April 2015.
Ark John Keats is a very proud member of the successful Ark network of schools and is also very much a unique school in its own right. The academy has first class facilities having undergone an £18 million rebuilding and refurbishment programme that was completed in December 2015.
We are very excited by what we have achieved so far. We are a school with a strong ethos, where local children are provided with a first class education. We are intent on continuing to develop a school that will match the very best in both the state and private sectors and is a source of pride for the people of north east Enfield.
Values and vision
Our vision is that all children at the academy will develop into young adults who are happy and successful both as individuals and as citizens of our local and wider communities.
The academy’s approach to achieving this is based on our six pillars:Mastery Curriculum
Our curriculum design enables pupils to develop a framework of knowledge and understanding in each subject area that provides a solid foundation for further study. Learn more ...High Quality Teaching
We provide pupils with consistently outstanding teaching which is based on rigorous curriculum planning and takes account of individual pupils and their learning needs. Staff have two hours of CPD weekly and collaborative planning is built into timetables.Strong Discipline
We have created a calm, orderly and purposeful environment where pupils develop strong self-discipline and self-regulation through the teaching of discipline, daily routines and the CHARACTER programme.Character Development
Pupils develop the characteristics that support their academic achievement, create thoughtful citizens and allow them to make reflective choices over their personal lives.Raising Aspirations & Enrichment
Pupils understand the opportunities that a school and university education will afford them in terms of careers and quality of life. Pupils develop their passions and interests through an in-day enrichment programme. Learn more ...Developing Educational Leaders
All members of staff see themselves as leaders within an aligned community of professionals and are systematically trained in implementing best practice.
The academy was graded Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in April 2015.
- A curriculum that provides challenge, academic rigour, cultural literacy and systematic progression as well as opportunities for pupils to develop key learning dispositions and their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Teaching that is highly effective and high quality support for staff in developing their practice.
- Strong discipline through the highly consistent application of our routines and techniques by all staff. Development of character through the Character programme.
- Raising aspirations through high quality teaching, the speaker programme, university visits and working with external partners.
- Widening pupils’ horizons through a high quality enrichment programme that all staff contribute to.
- Setting high expectations in everything we do and working collaboratively to ensure staff and pupils can meet these expectations.