Central Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
About Arnold Academy
Arnold School opened in 1958 as a Secondary School and became a 9 - 13 Middle School in 1976. A specialist autistic provision was established at the school in January 1999. The school is located by the Barton Hills, near to the A6 towards Luton. We are a rural school on the edge of a large and developing village with other children transported in via six buses from neighbouring villages. This gives a truly comprehensive intake with a wide range of ability and social backgrounds.
The school buildings include a purpose-built area used by the fifth year pupils for the majority of their lessons. Children, when transferring from a small school to a larger organisation, require the stability and close contact that this organisation provides, enabling the teachers to carefully assess the needs of individuals during their first year at Arnold. We have been in the enviable position of being able to extend our teaching and learning resources through an extensive building programme to cater for the needs of a growing community.