Cairo English School
About Cairo English School
‘Together achieving personal Excellence’
We accept students aged 3.5-17 years (Nursery through to Year 12). We offer a challenging and demanding education based on the British model, using the National Curriculum of England (ENC) as well as IGCSE, IBDP and A Levels for senior students. CES believes in developing the whole child and therefore good behaviour and respect for others lie at the heart of our work.
Our mission is to nurture globally-minded community of learners who demonstrate high levels of achievement in the National Curriculum of England and other recognized international programmes of Study.
The CES community believes and promotes the principle, “Together Achieving Personal Excellence”. This policy supports the following guiding statements. To aim to;
1. be better than before in everything we do and achieve a culture where personal excellence is paramount
2. show kindness and respect for others through demonstrating strong ethical values and character
3. reach our full potential through active engagement in lessons and co-curricular activities
4. understand and respect others cultural beliefs and belief structures
5. be effective communicators
6. experience success and have it recognised
7. identify talents through the programme of co-curricular activities and events
8. promote a holistic approach to health and well-being
9. develop open-minded reflective learners
10. promote the principle that differences define, not divide
11. take pride in the richness of the Egyptian culture, language and curriculum.
Students, staff and parents work in partnership, ‘TOGETHER ACHIEVING PERSONAL EXCELLENCE’. We are continuously improving by working independently and collaboratively to achieve personal and academic success. This is demonstrated through developing attitudes, beliefs, actions and achievements that foster global-mindedness. We believe in achieving the very best possible results in the context of the locally required and international academic programmes offered at the school, including International Primary Curriculum (IPC), IGCSE; CIE (A levels) and IB Diploma.
CES VISION - Together Achieving Personal Excellence
CES teaches the National Curriculum of England and Wales, applying the same educational standards as are offered in England, with modifications attuned to our Egyptian environment. Subjects offered at CES include; English, Mathematics, Science, Art & Design, Music, Geography, History, ICT, PE, Modern Foreign Languages, Design Technology and Personal Social Health Education. English is the language of instruction at CES. Ministry of Education Arabic, Religion and Social Studies are offered from Year 1 and French from Year 3.
CES initially opened from Foundation Stage 1 to Year 9. Year 10 opened in September 2007 and the school offers IGCSE at Year 9 and 10, , A Levels and IB Diploma Programme. is offered in Years 11 and 12 in preparation for university entrance within Egypt, United Kingdom and to other countries.
The curriculum is further enriched by the addition of a Learning Support programme, English as a Second Language and a comprehensive after school extra-curricular programme and a sports teams.
Cairo English School has the physical classroom space to accommodate up to 1800 students, with the building designed to house the students on three levels – Early Years on the ground floor. Primary School on the middle floor and Secondary School on the top floor.