Castle View School
Essex, United Kingdom
About Castle View School
Castle View School was designated a Specialist Science College in September 2004. In 2006 we became a satellite venue for the East of England Science Learning Centre, providing the South East base for sharing good practice and providing quality training in Science education at all levels.
As a Specialist Science College, we continue to provide an ethos of excellence, high aspirations and expectations. Pupils are offered a broad and balanced curriculum which is underpinned by a philosophy of continuous improvement in all subjects but especially in Science and Mathematics.
However, as a Specialist College our brief extends beyond the boundaries of the school. We are committed to raising the profile of Science and Mathematics within the Canvey community, working in partnership with the other Island schools and community groups. We are a Petroplus partnership school.
The current regeneration projects – most importantly the Thames Gateway initiative and the 2012 Olympiad – are relying on a motivated, highly trained, progressive workforce and we recognise the part we have to play in preparing young people for these exciting career opportunities.
The redesignation of Castle View as a Specialist Science College in September 2008 allows us to continue to provide the Canvey community and its young people with the enhanced opportunities they richly deserve.
Our Mission Statement
• To raise the long term aspirations of our pupils and the community of Canvey Island
• To inspire our young people, to develop enquiring minds and broaden horizons
• To be at the cutting edge of developments in the teaching of Science, Mathematics and ICT
• To promote Science, Mathematics and associated subjects as the central components of our broad and balanced curriculum
• To encourage the use of scientific evidence to inform choices and decisions
• To provide enhanced opportunities for everyone in the school and the community to excel in the areas of Science and Mathematics
• To extend individuals’ abilities to apply scientific and mathematical principles in a variety of contexts
• To ensure that Science and Mathematics permeate our curricular offer as a whole