Chilton Trinity School
Somerset, United Kingdom
About Chilton Trinity School
Chilton Trinity Schools Purpose is……
to inspire responsible, confident and determined learners who will thrive in a changing world
Our Schools Values
We expect all members of our school community to work hard and be kind. We value Respect, Honesty and Kindness, and believe in the limitless potential of people.
We want to work in an emotionally intelligent school where people acknowledge the fallibility of the human condition and have the imagination to understand how their actions will impact upon, and be perceived by, those they affect.
Our aims are straightforward:
- With AMBITION, we want students to be the best they can be and make progress academically, socially and emotionally.
- With an ENGAGEMENT in school life, we want students to play a full role in their own and others learning and enrichment.
- With RESILIENCE, we want students to overcome setbacks and learn from them by showing strength of character.
These are all underpinned by the principle of ‘WORK HARD AND BE KIND’.
We will achieve our aims and objectives by delivering high quality teaching and learning through an exciting and inspiring curriculum, in a safe and caring environment, that puts educating the whole child at its core;
- We expect all students to work hard - no one can ask any more of them
- Kindness towards one another is central to life at Chilton Trinity School, with the House system supporting the family ethos
- We all represent our community, and we are ambassadors of our school
- We appreciate each other's success
All decisions, conversations and actions are taken with the aim to ensure all students are given the tools for ‘climbing the mountain towards their personal best’, so that they can thrive in a fulfilling career and have a fantastic life when they leave Chilton Trinity School.
#TeamChiltonTrinity We are a team, all working together to achieve our ambition of preparing students for success beyond the five years we have with them and preparing them for the world they are about to enter.
Our approaches have been influenced by and are based on traditional values of respect and honesty. Our teaching and learning approach is influenced by Doug Lemov’s Teach Like a Champion (TLAC) and Rosenshine’s ‘Principles of Instruction.’
The Chilton Trinity Commitment We are equally ambitious for every student, no matter what their background, prior attainment or additional needs. All decisions, conversations and actions are taken with the aim to ensure all students are given the tools to climb the mountain towards their personal best, so they can fulfil their ambitions, thriving in a fulfilling job and have a fantastic life.
“Teaching is typically good and supports the learning of all students. There is very effective support for disadvantaged students and those who need extra help to catch up in their learning. The school’s senior leaders, well supported by governors, have improved students’ achievement and the quality of teaching. They are taking strong actions to bring about further improvement.”