City Academy Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
About City Academy Birmingham
City Academy Birmingham is a small inner city secondary school that is rapidly becoming the first choice of the local community. City Academy Birmingham was judged as ‘Good’ in all categories in January 2017. Ofsted stated:
- “The ethos of high expectation for learning and behaviour is widely shared across staff, pupils and parents, and is a core strength of the school”.
- “Pupils behave well. They conduct themselves courteously around the school site. Pupils feel safe, and are confident in the support they receive when they feel vulnerable.”
- “Pupils make good progress, especially in English, mathematics and science.”
- “The school’s strong promotion of the values of tolerance and respect for difference helps to ensure that pupils from a wide range of heritages and backgrounds integrate well.”
- “Governance has been transformed and now offers highly effective support and challenge to school leaders”.
- “The leadership of teaching is a particular strength”.
Every member of our Academy lives by CORE Education Trust's four core values: Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence.
As a new school, established in September 2013, we have around 500 students on roll from Year 7 to Year 11. This academic year will be our most important yet with our first Year 11 cohort sitting their GCSEs.