Feversham Primary Academy
Bradford, United Kingdom
About Feversham Primary Academy
Welcome to Feversham Primary Academy and thank you for your interest in our school. We are a successful and over subscribed learning hub and play an active part in the BD3 community in Bradford.
Here at Feversham, we are a proud member of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) and are judged as a good school by Ofsted (2014).
Our very creative staff have a real love of teaching and we are looking for a future member of our team who can develop that sense of awe and wonder in children. The children at our school are happy, confident, fun-loving and energetic. They are passionate about their learning, be it in the traditional classroom or through drama, music, dance and painting. We are looking for education professionals who can embrace these aspects of the curriculum as well as literacy and numeracy.
Our school improvement journey has been rapid, sustained and has been achieved by all staff and the community pulling together to make sure that our children achieve their very best. In 2016 we are celebrating being in the top 2% of schools nationally for progress in reading and in the top 1% for the progress made by disadvantaged children (Raise Online 2016).
These are exciting times for Feversham with planned building works to enhance our learning environments which will help improve further our childrens education. We welcome visitors and hope that you will come and see for yourself the huge changes which have happened at Feversham which make us the school of choice in our local area.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to meeting you.
Naveed Indrees (Headteacher) and Governors.
At Feversham we provide children with a carefully designed curriculum which is based on high quality learning experiences that prepare them both academically and socially to be the best that they can be both now and in the future.
To view our curriculum across the year please click here
Our School Development Plan
To establish FPA as a school where pupils achieve rigorous academic and character standards with opportunities to excel socially, emotionally, culturally and spiritually.
1. Maintain achievement in line with and above national averages for all pupil groups through personalised provision and challenge
2. Embed a cohesive and stimulating curriculum with a high degree of enhancements rooted in meaningful contexts
3. Place high order language and thinking skills at the heart of the curriculum, including drama and performing arts, and scientific reasoning
4. Provide specialist music provision and instrumental lessons
5. Establish FPA as a provider of School to School Support, led by senior and middle leaders
▪ Adapt reading Comprehension in years 1-5, focusing on inference
▪ Create specialist science room (Lab)
▪ Establish FPA as a local music Hub
▪ Virtual Classroom Project
▪ Consolidate Elklan
▪ Create packages of support as part of School to School support
▪ Arts Mark Platinum
▪ Investors in People
▪ History Heritage Project
▪ Forest School and outdoor learning, Gardening clubs
▪ Themed weeks and Themed days
▪ Community Events
▪ School based Ed Psych and SALT
▪ Moderation Project (LA)
▪ Topic based planning
▪ Marvellous Me
▪ Friday afternoon/Weekend clubs
▪ Continue to get positive Media coverage
▪ Develop mini libraries in each base
▪ Rigorous and systematic screening for SEND (e.g wellcom)
▪ Reading volunteers
▪ Google expeditions
▪ Digital leaders
▪ Developing specialisms for TAs
▪ Specialist Provision for NTE and former NTE pupils
▪ Targeted CPD for staff/TAs
▪ Review teaching of reading comprehension across school
▪ Topic based planning with robust medium term plans
▪ Moving away from objective led teaching to a more joined up approach – learning events that bring together several objectives holistically.
▪ Embed differentiated input
▪ Promote cross curricular writing through having one book for English and topics
▪ Rigorous focus on quality feedback
▪ Peer led school improvement: observations, scrutinies, Self evaluation
▪ Phonics across the school
Areas to monitor:
● Small group (2-5) of pupils in each class with gaps in basic facts ( fluency in both English and Maths)
● Gap between boys and girls in Writing and Maths
● Effectiveness of single books for writing ( English and Foundation subjects)
● Growing number of NTE and former NTE pupils (e.g Reception, Year 1, Year 5)
● Increasing number of pupils with complex SEN needs but without EHCP/Statement
● Potential building project this year
We are a Lead school within AET and we are currently judged as a 'good' school and we were last inspected in September 2014. To view all our Ofsted reports please click here
We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust.
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a national network of 64 primary, secondary and special schools across England. Our schools are located across England including the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, Midlands, London, West of England, Kent and the South Coast.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
As the largest MAT across England we work together in partnership and embrace the different contexts and diverse communities our schools serve to provide the very best possible education for around 35,000 young people and their families.
We offer a wide range of career pathways to our teachers, middle leaders, support staff and senior leaders with many of our schools being host to Teach First and Ambition School Leadership.
AET is also an approved Apprenticeship Training Provider (through the SFA) which allows us to deliver a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across the Trust and our school network. To find out more about what we offer click here
We also offer School Direct teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here
To find out more about about AET please visit us at http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/
Asif Iqbal - Middle Leader- Since arriving at Feversham Primary Academy 3 years ago, I have led in a number of areas including PE, SEND, Science, Technology and Media/Public Relations in addition to being Lead Teacher in Years 3, 4 and 5 and Phase Leader in LKS2. I'd previously had a number of leadership positions both in Bradford and overseas, including serving for some years as an advisor for an education reform project. At Feversham Primary Academy I have felt that there has been a continued opportunity for growth and professional development. I serve on the Senior Leadership team and am able to shape the vision of the school which is to aim high and be a hub for opportunities for all the school community. Working at Feversham Primary Academy is both challenging and deeply rewarding - despite coming from one of the most disadvantaged wards in Bradford, the children are our greatest asset and aspire to reach their full creative and academic potential. This is where our roles as educators comes in. Expectations here are high. We are solution and impact focussed, without losing the need for creativity, compassion and nurture. The greatest success? When visitors to our school comment on how happy the children and staff are.
I started a professional and personal journey at Feversham Primary Academy in November 2012 starting as a middle leader and progressing into Senior Leadership by July 2014. I am proud and inspired daily by the staff around me, who I believe strive daily to ensure children get the best start in life. We are a community, a family. We all work here because we believe that we can make a difference to the life chances of the young people of Bradford and in BD3. I believe Feversham Primary Academy (and the Trust) has invested in me heavily with extensive CPD such as the NPQSL and Masters with Mathematics. I was given the right coaching, mentoring and experience to develop my skills. Feversham are going from strength to strength and I am extremley proud to be part of the success story!- Shakira Afzal - KS2 Teacher and Middle Leader
“The lessons at Feversham are exciting.”- Qasim
“I enjoy coming to Feversham because the lessons are great.”- Unays
“The teachers don’t stop until you get a good level.”- Rahid
“The teachers at Feversham listen to you and find out the truth.”- Aleesha
“PE is good at Feversham.”- Zainab
“Feversham is fun and you learn so much here. I got a level 5.”- Sana
“Feversham is a big school and you learn lots of things.”- Humera