Firth Park Academy
Sheffield, United Kingdom
About Firth Park Academy
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for all year groups to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 7 currently on iPlayer, which highlights the remarkable spirit of our Year 7 and 8 students and staff in the 2020-21 school year.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – one of the largest trusts in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for high achieving staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
Dean Jones (Principal)
WHY JOIN OUR ACADEMY?
We are committed to developing all staff at all levels through high quality development opportunities, resources, and experiences that will support you on your professional learning journey with AET.
We champion agile/flexible working across the Trust to help our people achieve an optimal work/life balance.
All staff have access to our pension schemes (Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers’ Pension Scheme). Everyone has free access to financial advice & support and can access a wide range of retail discounts through our AET Benefits scheme. We also offer Technology Loans to help with any big digital purchases.
We recognise that mental wellbeing is just as important as physical and have set up employee assistance programmes which offer free and confidential counselling 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our employees can access our health cash place scheme from BHSF.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the organisation, and as we pivot from being in turnaround mode to becoming a high performance organisation on the pathway to sustainable excellence. This will see us building our in-house education improvement capacity and expertise, making sure that our schools have all the support they need to deliver an excellent education for every child, every day.
Our people are our single greatest resource and we want to make sure we are creating the optimum environment and conditions so that everyone in AET can do their very best work. We will only deliver on our promise of excellence for all of our children if we attract, develop and retain the very best talent in the country and surround them with exceptional development throughout their careers.
We want people on our team who are excited by scale and the prospect of having a deep and lasting impact on the lives of tens of thousands of children. We also want people who are intellectually rigorous, stay curious, and generous enough to be committed to the messy challenge of collaboration.
AET has an exciting future ahead and by joining us on this journey, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to make a lasting and meaningful impact on the children and young people in our schools.
Equality, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At AET, we want all of our employees to feel included bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and we truly believe that diversity drives innovation.
We also offer teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here.
To find out more about AET please click here.