Harris Academy Beckenham
Bromley, United Kingdom
About Harris Academy Beckenham
Since opening in 2011, Harris Academy Beckenham has gone from strength to strength. We have been oversubscribed for the last three years, rapidly becoming the school of choice in the local area. Our GCSE and A Level results have improved each year, with our English and Maths combined score in 2016 reaching an outstanding 80% A*-C. Our ambition and aspiration will ensure that we continue to focus on the success of all of our students, irrespective of background. Since converting, results have dramatically improved and we secured a judgment of ‘Outstanding’ from Ofsted in 2017.
We invest in training and resources for our staff to help them make lessons fun, interesting and engaging. Class sizes are kept as small as possible and we place a firm emphasis on good behaviour so that students can learn in a calm and orderly environment.
Whether a child is struggling, needs to be stretched or is somewhere in the middle, we always work to meet their needs. Students who need it are given extra tuition, either in small groups or on a one-to-one basis. Just as importantly, we provide challenging courses and master classes in a range of subjects, in particular the core subjects of English, mathematics and science, to ensure every child feels stretched to his or her full potential.
Science and Enterprise
Harris Academy Beckenham:
- Focuses on a learning ethos of Resourcefulness, Reciprocity, Resilience and Reflectiveness
- Combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and smart uniform with the best of modern teaching methods and technology;
- Promotes a personal best culture and gives students every chance of achieving all that they are capable of;
- Nurtures strong interpersonal skills and the aspiration to be successful;
- Inspires the best in every student, whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle;
- Provides pastoral care of the highest order;
- Involves parents fully with their children’s education and Academy life in general.