Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
Southwark, United Kingdom
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich is a purpose built 11-18 school for boys which opened in September 2009 as the first all boys’ academy in England. The Academy accommodates 1,000 boys and benefits from a state-of-the-art purpose built building with the very latest facilities and equipment. The Academy offers a co-educational Post 16 with the nearby Harris Girls' Academy, together comprising capacity for 400 Sixth Formers. Harris Boys' was judged to be an outstanding school by Ofsted in December 2011 and has a superb group of students, teachers and support staff.
We encourage our students to be critical thinkers and promote these skills throughout the curriculum. A student at Harris Boys' Academy will learn how to engage critically with foreign affairs, religion and society, issues of citizenship and the media, so they acquire the skills, and recognise the value, of thinking for yourself and thinking in a well-reasoned manner.
We ask teachers to take the time to get to know and understand each boy. Whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle, we will always work to inspire the best in all our students. This means:
- Offering a full, broad and balanced curriculum, and helping every student find something he excels at;
- Keeping class sizes as small as possible, and employing teachers who make learning fun and engaging;
- Giving support to students who need it through extra tuition in literacy and numeracy;
- Offering a range of specialised courses for our Most Able students;
- Encouraging debate, participation, and a spirit of enquiry.
Sport and Enterprise