Kings Norton Girls' School
Birmingham, United Kingdom
About Kings Norton Girls' School
Kings Norton Girls’ School is a highly successful 11-18 comprehensive standalone academy with an excellent reputation in the local area and beyond. The School was founded in 1910 and occupies a leafy twenty-three acre site in one of Birmingham’s most pleasant residential areas on the south side of the city. It is a very local school, the vast majority of students living less than a mile away. This has enabled the development of a strong community feel and neighbourhood links. The school breeds a quiet confidence in its students which together with their enthusiasm for learning and their determination to succeed creates a powerful dynamic for continued improvement. Following its success for many years as a Foundation School we were one of the first schools in the country to become a convertor academy in 2011. This gives some indication of the type of school we are, constantly striving for an opportunity which will take us to the next level. We never rest on our laurels or shy away from significant change where it will make the difference we need.
We strive to be a community where all develop the skills and confidence to excel as leaders and learners. We believe before any meaningful learning can take place pupils should be happy in school. In order to achieve this we aim to:-
- Build a learning community which strives to ensure that each individual is valued.
- Develop a collaborative “learning to learn” culture which seeks out and shares best practice.
- Cultivate an environment which engenders an excitement about and a passion for learning.
- Deliver at all times learning experiences of the highest quality. *understand what it means to be and take responsibility as Global Citizens, respecting diversity.
- Understand what it means to be and take responsibility as Global Citizens, respecting diversity.