Hounslow, United Kingdom
About Kingsley Academy
At Kingsley Academy, we are a school on a journey. We are a comprehensive community school, located in the heart of Hounslow in West London, just beside Hounslow East tube station. Since opening in 2013, a lot has been done to develop our school but there is much still to do to achieve the success which we know our school is capable of.
Our school has been judged as Requires Improvement twice in a row and has an unwarranted reputation locally as a challenging school. However do not be deterred! Visitors to our school without exception comment on our students’ terrific attitudes and thirst for learning. An absolute strength of our school are our students. They are overwhelmingly polite, respectful, considerate and eager to learn. Low level disruption is rare and our students are committed to their learning. What they need are great teachers, who can unlock their potential.
Our new Headteacher joined the academy in February 2019, and has been clear on our vision and how we get there. Our aim is to establish Kingsley as a ‘A school at the heart of our community, developing knowledge, ambition and kindness to prepare students for success at university and the world beyond’. We are passionate about achieving social justice for our students and believe firmly that it should not be about where you come from that determines how successful you are in life.
Our ‘DNA’ runs through the fabric of our school. These are our guiding set of principles which determine our actions and behaviours at all levels, from student, to staff to senior leaders.
Walk the talk – We role model the high standards that we expect of others
High expectations – We do not lower our expectations of anybody and strive to be remarkable
No excuses – We believe firmly that all can achieve, no matter their starting point and that success is achieved through hard work
Outstanding learning – We believe in the transformative power of education and know that excellent teaching and learning is our core purpose, put simply ‘the main business is the main business’
We are seeking staff who are:
- Excellent teachers
- Passionate about their subject
- Believers in the value and benefit of a knowledge rich curriculum
- Hard working and solution focused
- A team player and has a sense of humour
- Aware passionately of the transformative power of education to change students lives
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply for roles at Kingsley Academy. In return you will benefit from a comprehensive career support programme, tailored CPD, and a supportive and highly visible SLT and Headteacher.
We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust.
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a national network of 62 primary, secondary and special schools across England. Our schools are located across England including the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, Midlands, London, West of England, Kent and the South Coast.
As our sponsor, AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Subsidised or free lunch (where applicable)
As the largest MAT across England we work together in partnership and embrace the different contexts and diverse communities our schools serve to provide the very best possible education for around 35,000 young people and their families.
We offer a wide range of career pathways to our teachers, middle leaders, support staff and senior leaders with many of our schools being host to Teach First and Ambition School Leadership.
AET is also an approved Apprenticeship Training Provider (through the SFA) which allows us to deliver a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across the Trust and our school network. To find out more about what we offer click here
We also offer School Direct teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here
To find out more about about AET please visit us at http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/