London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
Newham, United Kingdom
About London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
"An inspirational school"
The Good Schools Guide 2019
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is an ambitious, selective sixth form located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2019, LAE secured outstanding A level results. 93% of grades were A*, A or B and 65% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 25 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A- and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3800 applications for 250 places this year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
LAE can offer you:
* the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
* a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
* a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
* collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
* an excellent NQT support programme, where all new teachers are "guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team" (Appropriate Body quality assurance report, 2015).
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit.