London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
Newham, United Kingdom
About London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
“An inspirational school”
LAE is a diverse, inclusive and ambitious school with social mobility at its heart. Since opening in 2012, our staff have supported more than 1000 students into all 24 of the UK’s Russell Group universities, including more than 150 to Oxford and Cambridge. We offer a collegiate and stimulating working environment and excellent professional development within two minutes’ walk of Stratford station, the Olympic Park and Westfield Stratford.
We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years and have also been placed in the top 1% of schools for value added since 2015. With an average grade of an A+, 93% A*-B and 65% A*-A, our students are exceptionally well-placed to access the most competitive university courses.
However, academic success if only one aspect of life at LAE. Our links with partner schools, employers and universities are combined with a rich and varied co-curricular offer that encompasses sport, music, arts, volunteering and careers experience. The provision is truly unique and sets LAE apart as an inspirational school.
LAE can offer you:
· the opportunity to work with incredibly ambitious and highly motivated students.
· a culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation and rigour.
· access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
· a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
· collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
· a package of employee financial benefits that include childcare vouchers and discounted leisure centre membership.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit.
Students have a strong sense of pride in belonging in the diverse, inclusive, high-performing and friendly LAE community and leave us after two years of study ready to make a positive contribution to the wider world as future leaders in their own fields- Scott Baker, Executive Headteacher
“The high degree of professional autonomy, feedback and support all make LAE an outstanding place to work”- First-year biology teacher
“For me, the inclusive school community, the emphasis on wellbeing and my great colleagues make LAE the best school I’ve worked in. The opportunities for professional development have helped me to become an even better teacher”- Physics teacher
“What do I like best about working at LAE? Very friendly atmosphere. Very capable students. Dynamic staff who are active and engaged in discussing teaching and learning”- Politics teacher
At LAE, teachers are trusted to do what they think is best for their students, within a culture that promotes autonomy, innovation and rigour- James Kane, Assistant Head
Highly skilled and enthusiastic teachers help students to make excellent progress and achieve at a high level- OfSTED inspection report