Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
About Newcastle College
Newcastle College is a further and higher education college in the heart of the North East. We’re based in the centre of Newcastle, which is regularly voted a top place to live, work and study.
We’ve been unlocking potential in learners for over 120 years and we help more than 16,000 students prepare for their future careers each year, offering hundreds of vocational courses and apprenticeships across our main campus and specialist academies in Gateshead, Wallsend and Newcastle International Airport.
We want to help everyone achieve the career of their dreams, right here in our region.
Our priority is making sure our students are taught the right skills for the job and that’s why all of our courses are developed in collaboration with local employers. Our students benefit from first-class facilities, tutors with real industry experience and opportunities to work with employers and industry experts, plus an award-winning student support team, to help everyone get the best out of their time with us.
- We have over 16,000 students and 900 employees
- In addition to our main Rye Hill Campus, we are proud to operate four specialist academies across the North East.
- Our Transport Academy (including our Rail and Aviation Academies) was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education in 2018.
- We have a thriving international community, with students from over 70 countries studying with us.
- Newcastle College University Centre has Taught Degree Awarding Powers and offers more than 70 Foundation and Honours Degrees.
- The University Centre was awarded TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) Silver in recognition of our teaching standards for higher education.
- Newcastle School of Education is a Centre of Excellence for teacher training.
- Our award winning student support services includes an Autism Academy, Mental Health team and learning mentors, while Student Services holds the Matrix Standard for information, advice and guidance.
Thinking of moving to the North East? Find out more here - https://www.tes.com/teaching-jobs-north-east