Hillingdon, United Kingdom
About Northwood School
WELCOME TO NORTHWOOD SCHOOL
It is my pleasure to extend a very warm welcome to the Northwood School career site, which I hope you find both interesting and informative.
Northwood is a rapidly growing, popular, 11-18, fully-inclusive co-educational school where students make outstanding progress. As a result of rapidly rising student numbers we are looking to increase our staff for next year. The school which is located in Northwood, North West London is easily accessible due to the area’s excellent transport links. The nearest tube station is Northwood Hills which is on the Metropolitan line.
We recently moved into a brand new, state of the art building with fantastic facilities for both our staff and students. We are a forward thinking, caring, and most important of all, happy school, where students of all abilities and social backgrounds achieve very well.
What we offer
- Support for new colleagues is excellent at Northwood
- We have well-established induction and extensive CPD programmes as well as a well-embedded performance management structure
- Bike to Work scheme
- Staff Fitness club
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- Staff and students enjoy varied day trips as well as residential trips both abroad and in the UK
- We know that having motivated, well supported staff is key to our future success and therefore we believe in supporting staff and providing outstanding opportunities for everyone
The most recent Ofsted inspection (October 2018) rated Northwood as ‘Outstanding’, please use the link below to see the report.
Northwood is a friendly, happy, welcoming school where the young people we teach are enabled to make excellent academic progress and develop the knowledge, skills, qualities and values required to lead successful and fulfilling adult lives. Extra-curricular provision is excellent, our students appreciate having access to our state of the art drama, dance, art, music, sports and creative facilities many are also members of our academic clubs such as the Brilliant Club.
We also have highly effective Pastoral Care with guidance and support systems to meet all our students’ needs and as a result our students are happy, hardworking, courteous and well-behaved. Students are keen to learn and our Value Added has been outstanding for the past five years. Northwood School makes a significant difference to the lives of young people and I very much look forward to welcoming you to the school at some point in the future; in the meantime, I hope you enjoy reading our career site.
- Northwood School has an ethos of ambition and achievement for all its students
- As a school we put our students at the heart of everything we do
- We are a caring community where every student is known and valued as an individual. As a consequence, this allows every child to flourish in a friendly and safe environment
- We wish to empower our students to recognise and value their individuality so that they grow in self-worth and play a full role in shaping their own futures
- To be continue to be judged as an outstanding school delivering education that enables all students to excel
- To provide an educational experience that inspires a lifelong love of learning and enables all students to become well rounded individuals: confident; creative; self-respecting and respectful of others; with the ability to lead in and contribute to society
- To ensure the well-being of both students and staff
- To be a school that embraces and supports the community
Our Beliefs and Values
- All students can achieve
- Every student is known and valued as an individual
- All students have immense, natural abilities
- Intelligence is not fixed and through effort and determination all students can grow and succeed
- We value diversity and seek to give everyone in the school an equal chance to learn, work and succeed though creating a safe, calm and respectful environment
- If staff, students, governors and parents work as a team and have high expectations of ourselves and each other we can achieve our aims
Please explore our website – www.northwoodschool.org.uk/ - to gain a flavour of what it means to be part of the Northwood School community. We sincerely hope that you will be inspired to apply to join us.
We made the right choice of school, could not be prouder of her achievements, Well done Northwood School- Parent
Pupils want to learn and they value greatly the strong relationships between themselves and their teachers. As a result, pupils thrive both academically and emotionally.- Ofsted
Everyone is so friendly and welcoming here. I enjoy all my lessons and the choices for extracurricular activities are amazing- Year 7 student
As a new member of staff, I was made to feel very welcome by both my colleagues and the students here. I even find that I am eager to get to work in the morning.- New Teacher