Oasis Academy: Shirley Park
Croydon, United Kingdom
About Oasis Academy: Shirley Park
About Academy Shirley Park
We are delighted you are thinking of joining Oasis Academy Shirley Park
Oasis Academy Shirley Park is a mixed, non-selective, Christian, 3-19 academy with sixth form, situated in Croydon in London. The secondary school, which opened as an all-through academy in September 2009, has 1,538 students on its roll, 129 of whom are students in the sixth form. The school is sponsored by Oasis Community Learning (OCL), a multi-academy sponsor, which is legally responsible for 47 Oasis Academies.
Values and vision
Oasis Academy Shirley Park’s motto is: ‘Transforming Learning, Transforming Lives, Transforming Communities.’ Central to the ethos of the school is the idea of a rich and balanced educational environment nurturing the whole student - academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. The school promotes a balanced, healthy lifestyle, demonstrated through policies regarding Academy meals, involvement in sporting activities and ecological building design.
Oasis Academy Shirley Park’s goal is to raise aspirations, unlock students’ potential and work towards achieving excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people. It believes this can be achieved through high-quality facilities, outstanding staff, clear leadership, a positive, affirming environment, and a partnership between students, parents/carers and the Academy. Parents and carers are positively engaged in supporting their children.
“Students’ achievements are outstanding. Regardless of their starting points, all groups make exceptional progress to exceed the national average greatly by the end of Year 11. Teaching is outstanding because staff are highly committed to ensuring that their students fulfil their potential. They have very high expectations of the students and successfully challenge, nurture and support them at every stage in their studies. Outstanding leadership and governance, especially from the inspirational principal, ensure that the academy makes rapid progress and meets its challenging targets.”
What we offer:
- You'll be part of a friendly team which has worked together for several years
- You'll have access to shared resources available for curriculum at every key stage.
- Outstanding progress at both Key stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
- We are engaged with current developments in curriculum and pedagogy.
- We have the highest progress score for KS5/sixth form in Croydon.
- We have positive progress scores for KS4 and KS5.
- There is a real opportunity to make an impact.
- You’ll receive genuine support and CPD to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond.
- You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
- You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that.
- You’ll have supportive management who are committed to improving teachers work-life balance.
- You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support.
- You can access free eye tests.