OneSchool Global UK Newtown Campus
Powys, United Kingdom
About OneSchool Global UK Newtown Campus
We are a small school on the border of Wales; a truly scenic and rural school.
Our school is not just about academic success but also about ensuring we develop and nurture students to become good people who have an awareness of the wider global context we live and work.
Our aim is to ensure that all students leaving the school have a set of qualifications that will open doors for them in the future and are prepared for the world of work and life in the future.
Our students are our biggest asset. They are willing to learn, open to new challenges, resilient, and their behaviour for learning is excellent. Students are taught national curriculum subjects and are offered extra-curricular opportunities as well.
The Campus has great facilities, cross-curricular ICT suite, a Learning Centre and individual laptops for students in Years 7-13. In addition to this, students benefit from a volleyball court, tennis courts and a football field. The campus has a dedicated science lab and excellent Primary facilities.
Why should I work at One School Global UK Newtown Campus?
- Newtown Campus is a place where we engender a culture of learning to learn through a self-directed approach to study.
- We are located in the beautiful Welsh countryside in a purpose-built building designed to facilitate student-centred teaching and learning.
- We are a small and friendly campus where everyone knows each other and works collaboratively towards joint goals.
- Team spirit is key to Newtown, we are looking for people to join our team who are flexible in their teaching approach and willing to try something new. Working at Newtown will provide you with new opportunities to teach across the age range from year 3 to 13.
- We are a forward thinking school who wholeheartedly embrace ICT as a tool to support positive learning outcomes. We employ many E- learning platforms and a variety of technology to enhance the learning experience of our students.
Focus Learning Trust was established as a registered charity in 2003 for the advancement of education, primarily providing leadership and support to its network of 23 UK, non-selective, independent schools which are registered as schools with a religious character, following the national curriculum.
We are part of the OneSchool Global network – one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
In April 2019, the entire OneSchool entity rebranded globally, hence our new look and our name change from Focus School to OneSchool Global UK. This better reflects our teaching and learning strategy and makes us truly one global school.
Campus Principal: Mrs Rebecca Midwinter
Number of Campus Staff: 13
Number of Students: 63
Vision & Values:
“A global education ecosystem that develops life-ready students who learn how to learn.”
In coming to this school each student, parent and staff member shall uphold the values of the School:
- Integrity - uprightness and honesty;
- Care and Compassion – kindness, consideration and generosity to the whole community;
- Respect – for all people, property, opinions and those in authority;
- Responsibility – for our actions, progress and the environment;
- Commitment – to self-discipline and the pursuit of excellence.
Our Campus Prospectus and latest Inspection Report can be downloaded from the links lower down the page.
View our image gallery below:
Focus Schools are innovative and lie at the cutting edge of evolving teaching methodology.- Newtown Teacher
There is a particularly effective relationship with the local village and wider community. The school has improved local facilities for everyone’s benefit, including refurbishing the local tennis court and re-surfacing the village hall yard so that both pupils and local residents can enjoy their use. Pupils invite their neighbours to events such as a charity coffee morning and help to keep the village environment tidy by collecting litter. Pupils are zealous in arranging extremely successful fund-raising activities to support local charities including, for example, the current focus on Newtown Hospital.- Estyn
I particularly enjoy working with students who are polite and friendly and want to learn. I like the small classes because it means I can take individual needs into account. Sometimes I miss the craziness of mainstream school but mostly I appreciate the much calmer atmosphere as well as the fact that there’s tons less marking.- Newtown Teacher