About Otahuhu College
Otahuhu College is a co-educational secondary school based in Auckland in New Zealand.
The school opened in 1931 as the Otahuhu Junior High School. In 1933, it became known as the Otahuhu Technical High School, with a capacity to cater for students through to senior levels of study. In 1947, it was renamed Otahuhu College. In 1932, the school was divided into houses: Grey, Hobson, Massey and Seddon. This division was originally intended for inter-house activities (which is still the case) but cultural activities have also now been included as house based activities. The school has now become a culturally diverse secondary school with a maximum student roll of approximately 1,400. Its facilities include extensive playing fields, a large gym, and a swimming pool. There is also a large assembly hall, a drama theatre, specialist laboratories, computer labs, workshops for wood and metal technology and specialist rooms for food and fabric technology. The school also has a new and well-equipped library with several computer suites. There are specialist art rooms, an English language reception centre, special education units, a modern music suite, a dance and drama suite and a technology block.
Values and vision
Otahuhu College aims to help students develop, to the fullest, their potential in all aspects of intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development. It wishes to teach students to recognise they live in a rapidly changing society with diverse cultural needs. Above all, the school wishes to teach students respect, tolerance, self-worth, perseverance, and honesty.