Portsmouth, United Kingdom
About Priory School
Portsmouth and Southsea
Portsmouth is a dynamic and vibrant waterfront city .From the pomp and ceremony of our proud naval and maritime heritage, museums and galleries, unique shopping destinations, great places to eat and miles of beautiful waterfront, Portsmouth offers something for absolutely everyone.
Ideally situated on the south coast of England, the UK’s only island city has magnificent museums, live music venues, contemporary art galleries, two cathedrals, a diverse literary heritage, nightlife, festivals and countless events throughout the year.
If there are big, outdoor events in Portsmouth, chances are they'll be hosted on Southsea Common, a 100-acre open space right on the seafront. It's a popular location for sports, picnics and dog walks. Recently, the Common has also hosted a number of high-profile events, including the America's Cup World Series and Victorious music festival.
Not forgetting, of course, what is fast becoming the modern emblem of Portsmouth - the Emirates Spinnaker Tower. This imposing structure stretches 170 metres above Gunwharf Quays .
With all this and more on offer in one small island, Portsmouth certainly is the Great Waterfront City.
Priory School has been proudly serving its local community for over 100 years. It is a comprehensive school of over 1200 students.
In 2014 the school joined the Bohunt Education Trust (BET) and in 2016 secured the best results in the history of the school.
· The best GCSE performance in Priory’s history.
· Above national average in English.
· Above national average in Maths.
· Above national average for overall progress.
· Above national average for the academically more able.
· Above national average for students with specific learning needs.
GCSE results are enormously important but they are not the only thing that characterises Priory School. Our students raise money for charity, excel on the sporting field, perform with distinction in school productions, dance shows and musical recitals and they enjoy numerous trips and visits that culminated in the first expedition to Iceland in the summer of 2016. Perhaps most rewarding is that there is also a genuine sense of gratitude and affection towards staff from our students as they recognise the huge efforts that staff make in supporting their efforts and achievements.
New appointments can expect,
· Outstanding support from colleagues.
· High quality professional development in the Bohunt Education Trust.
· Opportunities to work in more than one school in the Trust.
· Accelerated career opportunities and Leadership development.
· Accelerated pay opportunities for high performance.