Worcestershire, United Kingdom
About RGS Worcester
Introduction - The Royal Grammar School, Worcester is one of the leading independent co-educational day schools in the West Midlands. The RGS Senior School has approximately 900 pupils aged 11 - 18 years, including a Sixth Form of 250 students. There are a further 550 pupils aged 2 - 11 years in the three RGS Preparatory Schools, RGS The Grange (two miles north of Worcester City Centre in the village of Claines), and RGS Springfield (a two minute walk from the Senior School in Britannia Square) and RGS Dodderhill (located in Droitwich Spa) is co-educational from ages 2 - 11 years, with girls only education for their Senior section from ages 11 - 16. The Executive Headmaster of the Senior School is a member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC).
Our Staff - RGS Worcester is proud of its high academic standards, its pastoral care, and the wealth of co-curricular opportunities the School provides. Key to this success are the staff that work here. We employ a wide range of staff in addition to our well-qualified and experienced Teachers, Estates, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Specialists Technicians, Early Years Practitioners and many others across our family of schools.
Teaching Staff at RGS Worcester come from a broad range of educational routes, some having worked in other professions before qualifying to be a Teacher. Every year we host PGCE students from local Universities. We expect all applicants to have a good degree in their subject specialism. However, a teaching qualification, whilst desirable, is not essential; we can and do provide full support for those who wish to become qualified after appointment. We are deeply committed to the professional development of our staff. Our staff who teach here will have a love of their subject and the ability to inspire and challenge and stretch able pupils to reach their potential. Our teachers enjoy making an active contribution to co-curricular activities, both for the reward of the activity itself and because of the different dimension it gives to their relationship with their pupils.
Professional Reward and Development
We recognise the expertise of our staff and aim to create an inspiring environment in which you can work to your full potential and develop your career.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary with additional allowances for extra responsibilities
· Contributions to professional training costs where there is a benefit to the School and many opportunities for continued professional development projects
· The opportunity to take part in our bespoke Teachers ‘Middle Leadership Programme’ for sustained long term development
· Personal Development and recognition through our annual appraisal scheme
· Full commitment to the induction and training of NQT’s, providing excellent support from our in-house Professional Development Mentor
· Comprehensive INSET programmes, delivering high quality seminars, shared good practice and insights from external speakers
· As one of only a few APPLE Distinguished Schools in the Midlands, the opportunity to take part in becoming an ‘APPLE Teacher’. More details here: https://www.apple.com/uk/education/apple-teacher/
· Well-resourced departments
· Automatic enrolment into the Schools Pension Schemes
· For Teachers you will have the opportunity to become a certified Showbie Educator
Rewards and Perks
To make everyday life just that bit easier, we are continually developing the variety of rewards, discounts and perks we can offer our staff.
What we offer:
· Fee remission for staff of children who satisfy the admissions criteria (proportionately reduced for part time staff)
· Access to your own laptop and iPad
· Cycle Scheme for all staff
· Free refreshments and lunches when the School is operational provided by our excellent Catering team from Holroyd Howe
· Private healthcare with the option to add a spouse or dependant at preferential rates
· For Teachers the option to join either Teachers Pensions or TPT Retirement Solutions at highly attractive rates
· For Non-Teaching Staff the option to join TPT Retirement Solutions also at highly attractive rates
·Discounted membership to Les Mills on Demand Classes for all the family
Health and Wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and we encourage our staff to make use of the services offered to help you live and work healthily and happily.
What we offer:
· Family friendly policies including flexible working, enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
· Two paid ‘Family Days’ to help staff cope with life’s emergencies
· Free use of the School’s Gym at agreed times following an induction with a qualified member of staff
· Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured 24/7, which includes up to 6 free counselling sessions and caring and compassionate advice to help staff cope with a range of life challenges such as bereavement, debt and consumer issues.
· Free access to Health Assured’s Wellbeing app to support with health goals
· Ad-hoc wellbeing sessions delivered by our own staff such as yoga and meditation
Community and Environment
This is a stimulating, welcoming community where colleagues build supportive professional relationships and friendships
What we offer:
· A supportive network of experienced Heads, Deputies and Senior Leadership Teams
· Highly skilled and academic staff who, together are integral to the successful running of the School
· As part of the staff community there are opportunities to take part in enjoyable social events, sports activities and more
· By joining a family of four Schools, the opportunity to work across our School sites and work collaboratively with others, enhancing the development for both you and our pupils
· A beautiful environment which combines well-maintained historic buildings with state-of-the-art facilities. Including the recently completed International Worcester Hockey Centre, home to Worcester Hockey Club as part of a joint community venture.
· Many parts of our beautiful and flexible School sites are available to hire at a discounted rate to staff
· Friendly and supportive staff who work together and share resources and ideas
School Aims - The aims of the School are to reach a high level of academic achievement, to be a caring and civilised society within a well-disciplined environment and, by placing emphasis on a wide range of sporting, cultural and other activities, to extend pupils in as many ways as possible. Overall, the aim is to offer a balanced and challenging education, which will stand pupils in good stead in their future careers and within the community at large. Our School film ‘Worcester is green” (see below) gives a flavour of our pupil-centred approach.
The Governors of RGS Worcester are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Safeguarding forms part of the interview process.