Rosary Park Catholic School
New South Wales, Australia
About Rosary Park Catholic School
Rosary Park Catholic Primary School, Branxton is a Kindergarten- Year 6 school and the newest Catholic Primary School to be built in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
In response to the needs of the Catholic community of Branxton, Greta and the surrounding districts, the first Catholic school was established in 1886 by Sisters of Mercy, Singleton Congregation.
A school was built on the St Brigid’s site and it was decided that the Infants Children would be accommodated at St Mary’s, Greta and the Primary children would attend St Brigid’s, Branxton.
After 125 years of schooling at Greta and Branxton, the infants school of St Mary's Greta and St Brigid's Primary became one on the same site.
2011 was a period of transformation and transition; a year of hard work and vision; a time of change and new beginnings. Rosary Park Catholic School was completed for the community on land donated by the Branxton/Greta Parish. The opening in Term 4 was a pinnacle in the year that was 2011.
Rosary Park now accommodates a single stream Kindergarten to Year 6 Catholic School with future plans that will allow expansion to double stream as the area grows. The school is manned by lay teachers, endeavouring to work with priests, parents, parishioners and the Catholic Schools Office to pursue excellence in all areas of school life.
Together we strive to develop an Australian spirituality, which reflects our Catholic story whilst recognising the significance of the traditional land upon which we have established our learning roots and its owners.