Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
About Rushden Academy
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
Our aim at Rushden Academy is for every single student to leave us at the end of their school career ‘Ready to be their best’. We place great emphasis on the individual and believe that every child who enters the Academy should be given opportunities and encouragement in the many different aspects of School life whether that be Academic, Sporting, Artistic, Leadership or Technology. We expect many of our students will complete their journey towards higher education or employment in our thriving Sixth Form which offers a wide variety of courses as well as the opportunity to work alongside teachers and students from other local schools.
We are committed to ensuring our students can thrive in a safe and well organised environment, both during lessons and unstructured time. We expect our students to be well presented at all times and place great emphasis on teaching them to take pride in both their written and oral communication. We are a community school and expect our community to be able to be proud of us.
OUR ACADEMY & VALUES
Our Values set out the key principles whereby Team Rushden will Achieve, Explore and Succeed.
- Making smart decisions
- Wearing our uniform with pride
- Keeping the school environment smart
- Smart work, smart presentation and being fully prepared for learning
- Diversity and difference
- Respecting each others' opinions
- Treating others how we want to be treated
- Good manners as they cost nothing
Hard Working and Resilient
- The opportunities given to us
- Independence and working out problems ourselves
- Challenge to enable change
- Never giving up
- Others and what they can offer
- Working together and encouraging everyone's contribution in order to achieve our aims
- Co-operation and collaboration
- Supporting and encouraging each other to do well
These values are student led and support our further core principles of:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Working hard to achieve excellence
- Respecting others
- Having fun and a good quality of life
- Honesty and integrity
- Humility, compassion and concern for others
- Tolerance and forgiveness
- Confidence to lead
- Courage to stand up for what we believe
These are the guiding principles of everything we do. They underpin our ambition for excellence and provide the touchstones for our everyday discussions, our focus on teaching and learning, and our collective approach to leadership and growth.
Team Rushden means:
- Outstanding Leadership
- Excellent Teaching
- Exemplary Behaviour
- Focussed Support
- Great Learning
Team Rushden demands:
- Hard-working and resilient
- Team players
Team Rushden continue to forge forward with the improvement plan making significant progress in many areas.
Since 1st May 2018 Rushden Academy has become a brand new school through it's partnership with TOVE Learning Trust. Due to our status as a new school there is no current Ofsted data.
Please come and judge for yourself by visiting the Academy in action, myself or a senior leader would be happy to answer any questions and walk you through our school so that you can witness first-hand what we are doing to transform our school.
“Drama is outstanding. It’s varied and you learn a broad range of skills, which helps with confidence. It also teaches important skills such as teamwork and creativity.”- Student
“My children are achieving academically and personally thanks to the support and dedication of the staff at Rushden Academy.”- Parent
“My children are thriving at Rushden Academy and I couldn’t be happier with my choice of school for them. The support and dedication of the staff is helping them to be the best they can be.”- Parent
“Rushden is a place where I enjoy learning. English lessons are my favourite - I love exploring how creative writers develop characters who produce an emotional response in the reader.”- Student
“Behaviour in lessons is good, students want to learn, and the commitment of the staff is impressive, providing the best opportunities for our students.”- Head of Sixth Form