Shire Oak Academy
Walsall, United Kingdom
About Shire Oak Academy
Our vision, our aspirations
To provide our learners with a world class education which will prepare and equip each individual to take a contributing place in 21st century society.
The school’s aims
The Governors and staff of Shire Oak Academy aim to do their best to enable students to give of their best and to achieve their best – spiritually, morally, socially, intellectually and physically. Governors and members of staff aspire to achieve this aim by:
1. developing the individual talents of all students to their fullest potential, thereby enabling them to gain the best
results and qualifications of which they are capable;
2. engendering a sense of personal worth and physical well-being, enabling students to become confident, self-
reliant, self-disciplined and responsible in an environment that offers support, guidance and counselling, as
3. creating an enjoyable, lively and creative process of teaching and learning;
4. promoting high standards of behaviour, good personal relationships and a respect for the individual, whatever his
or her age, abilities, race, background or creed;
5. providing an environment in which all members of staff experience a sense of professional well-being and are
willing to give of their best at all times;
6. providing a caring and supportive environment in which all students may develop personal qualities, attitudes and
values to prepare them for taking up an adult place in society as both responsible and responsive citizens.
7. maintaining a vital and relevant curriculum, having a sound balance between the development of skills and the
acquisition of knowledge and understanding.
8. recognising the individuality of all students, to encourage that success is to be shared and to celebrate it in a wide
variety of ways.
All students need to accept that the above aims are only achieved by their:
• coming to understand themselves and developing self esteem.
• having a respect for themselves, others and for their environment.
• appreciating the value of learning and achieving to their highest levels by consistent effort, enthusiasm, creativity
• understanding that self-discipline is based on an underlying concern for others.