St Helen's Primary Academy
Barnsley, United Kingdom
About St Helen's Primary Academy
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Welcome to St Helen's Primary Academy and thank you for your interest in our school. Monk Bretton village is a small community easily reached from Wakefield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield. Here at St Helen's, we are a proud member of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
Our creative staff have a real love of teaching and we are looking for a future member of our team who can develop that sense of awe and wonder in children. The children at our school are happy, confident, fun-loving and energetic. They are passionate about their learning, be it in the traditional classroom or through drama, music, dance and painting.
We are looking for someone who can embrace these aspects of the curriculum as well as literacy and numeracy. Since June 2018, we have had a brand new leadership team who are driving St Helen’s to success. Leadership at our school is forward thinking - and the well-being and work-life balance of our teachers is very important. We give autonomy to teachers, we have a shared ethos around curriculum, marking and feedback, which each teacher applies with their own style and personal teacher pedagogy.
We want you to give us your best and our non-negotiables are outstanding attainment and progress for every child, coupled with kindness and warm-heartedness, not what colour pen you use to mark books! Our school has been recently refurbished and is a modern, bright and attractive place for us all to work.
St Helen’s has experienced a period of challenge and, as a result, the school is on a journey of school improvement. The recent OFSTED monitoring visit recognised the work of the team and the improvements made to the school so far. We are looking for a committed individual who will bring their creativity and drive to the school and be a vital part of the school improvement journey.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to meeting you.
Vikki Lewis, Headteacher.
Our aims and expectations
We have a high expectations for all children and a commitment to ensuring all children achieve high standards. We will achieve this by:
Supporting the development of children who –
- Feel safe and know that if they have concerns they are listened to and are supported so that they thrive
- Who can create, reflect, persevere, are resilient and aspire
- Are able to work independently, collaboratively, as part of a team and to lead
- Are thoughtful, have the ability to listen, are responsible and supportive of each other and have a strong work ethic
- Are creative, analytical, critical and innovative
- Have high expectations of themselves and each other
- Respect themselves and others
- Have endless curiosity, enthusiasm – who want to experience as much as possible and find out all they can
Creating a staff team who –
- Are an expert workforce with shared determination to do their best for every child
- Question practice and continually try to better meet the needs of all children and are supported in this by a detailed professional development programme
- Equip children with the life skills they will need to be independent, reflective, resilient and resourceful learners as well as continuing to raise standards in literacy and numeracy
- Provide exciting opportunities for children to use and apply their learning to enquiry and problem solving so they develop their understanding of the world
- Plan, monitor and evaluate teaching, learning, the curriculum and progress in the academy to ensure the development of the whole child
- Are proactive and highly skilled at identifying vulnerable children and collaborating with other agencies so that barriers to learning are removed and all children succeed
- Help children acquire a range of personal, social and emotional attributes essential to their health and well-being and to life as a responsible citizen
- Develop children so they can actively participate in and contribute to the academy where they feel respected, safe and supported
In an academy which –
- Provides a caring, stimulating and enjoyable learning environment in which all children feel respected, safe and supported
- Provides a flexible, challenging and purposeful curriculum that is relevant to our children and prepares them for the responsibilities and experiences of life
- Offers opportunities to engage with a wide range of cultural experiences
- Provides a broad rich curriculum that excites them about learning and the world, is rich in IT to help children participate fully in a constantly changing world
- Equips children with the life skills they will need to be independent, reflective, resilient and resourceful learners as well as continuing to raise standards in literacy and numeracy
- Values and develops a supportive partnership between home, school and the community
- Provides opportunities to engage in a wide range of activities – social, the arts, sports and cultural, that will enrich their lives and develop their confidence, social and moral skills and self-belief
So that the local community has pride and confidence in our academy and trusts that their children will succeed and do well here.
We are currently judged as 'requires improvement' and we were last inspected in November 2015. To view all our Ofsted reports please click here
We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust.
We are a national network of over 60 primary, special and secondary academies. We are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
We’ve undergone considerable change over the last two years. Bar the name above the door, everything about AET has changed: our leadership; our governance; our financial controls; our school improvement and our curriculum support.
AET is well on its way to becoming something rather wonderful – we are a family of schools that is dedicated to education that paves the way for our young people go on to lead remarkable lives. And it’s our people who are making that a living and breathing reality in our academies.
Each and every child inspired to choose a Remarkable Life.
To gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
BE UNUSUALLY BRAVE
At AET, we choose to be unusually brave. We're not afraid to challenge wrongs, to make the right call, even when it's both unusual and difficult to do so.
DISCOVER WHAT'S POSSIBLE
We are on the search for discovering what's possible. We look to create 'eureka moments' for our students, helping them discover a world of possibilities and opportunities.
PUSH THE LIMITS
We always strive to push the limits. We don't settle for less than excellent and we won't allow our students to either. We resolve to overcome any self-imposed limits.
We commit to being big-hearted. We choose to treat each other with kindness, warmth and care, believing that everybody matters and believing in one another.
AET is also an approved Apprenticeship Training Provider (through the ESFA) which allows us to deliver a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across the Trust and our school network. To find out more about what we offer click here.
We also offer School Direct teacher training programmes across our network. For more information please click here.
To find out more about about AET please visit us at https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/home