St John's Primary School
New South Wales, Australia
About St John's Primary School
St John’s Primary School is a K-6 Catholic primary school located in the historic Lambton Village that lies in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. It serves the parish of Holy Trinity Blackbutt North.
The school was established in 1883 by the Sisters of Mercy and currently caters for a student population of 120. All staff employed at the school are expected to be committed to the engagement of students in purposeful learning, both within and beyond the classroom.
All classrooms of St John’s Primary encompass modern facilities with the latest digital resources being most prominent. Each learning environment is air-conditioned and features new and age-appropriate furniture. A modern and well- resourced library is also a key feature of the school,
Lambton Village comprises 12 hectares of parkland containing recreational equipment, tennis courts, soccer fields and an Olympic-sized swimming and diving pool. The school and its students readily access and utilise all these facilities within their broader community.
St John’s Primary School implements the NSW Board of Studies K-6 curriculum within a culture of learning and collaboration, positive engagement and student empowerment. Special programs in the areas of literacy and numeracy are flagship programs for the school and a quality school band operates for students for years 3 to 6.
St John’s School motto of “Love One Another” aims to inspire a culture of caring which is expressed in relationships within and beyond St John’s School. There is an ongoing promotion within the school community of the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each individual and all policies and practices are embedded in the Gospel and Mercy values of respect, love, compassion, service, truth, courage and justice.