St Joseph's School
About St Joseph's School
St Joseph’s School has at its very heart, the values of Learning, Love, Community and Respect, as Jesus showed. Together with engaged and supportive parents, the staff of St Joseph’s create a safe and innovative learning environment where each child has the opportunity to grow and thus achieve to his or her potential.
A school for healthy minds, bodies and spirits, St Joseph’s provides an authentic Catholic education with a strong focus on learning how to be better learners, being socially and emotionally ready to learn. We believe that children learn more effectively when they feel connected and experience a sense of belonging.
With a healthy enrolment of approximately 390 students, St Joseph’s has been described by parents as the ideal size where their children are known personally and matter. Our community is made up of families from all areas of the world, which makes for a culturally rich and diverse group.
St Joseph’s is the school of choice for many parents because:
- St Joseph’s continues to earn a very positive reputation in the Cairns region as a school with strong academic achievement
- many parents say they like the size of St Joseph’s, enabling a personal touch and small community feel
- St Joseph’s is often described as being a very welcoming and friendly community
- parents at St Joseph’s are highly involved in the school community and engaged in the education of their children
- the location of St Joseph’s makes it ideal for parents who live in the city area as well as those who live in the suburbs and who work in or around the city
- St Joseph’s is a progressive learning community, where contemporary teaching and learning practices are being implemented to best meet the needs of modern learners
- St Joseph’s embraces technology as a powerful way to accelerate and differentiate learning for students. The provision of an iPad for each student in years 4-6 is but one of the many ways we do this
- St Joseph’s enjoys great educational facilities, with a view to developing flexible and agile spaces in which children can move and learn
- St Joseph’s is a very culturally diverse community, with support for students whose main language is not English