St Patrick's Parish School
New South Wales, Australia
About St Patrick's Parish School
St Patrick’s Parish School is a Kindergarten to Year 10 school located in the township of Cooma in the Snowy Mountains region of southern New South Wales. The Brigidine Sisters established the school in 1887 and after a series of expansions and amalgamations the current ‘Central School’ commenced operations in 1981. The Brigidine Sisters connection to the school was maintained up until the late 1980’s when the first lay Principal was appointed. The school has a current enrolment of approximately 300 students.
Mrs Frances Robertson
St Patrick’s School is a modern well-maintained K-10 educational facility with attractive, well-resourced classrooms throughout the school. A large grassy school oval and shade covered play areas are major physical features, along with a welcoming, spacious library.
St Patrick’s School offers a diverse curriculum that draws on the NSW Board of Studies Syllabus requirements for its content and also has a comprehensive Religious Education Syllabus implemented compulsorily for all students. The staff at St Patrick’s have created quality learning environments within which to deliver the curriculum and each one strives to achieve excellence and encourage participation by their students, in a variety of learning activities, that provide opportunities for growth across all areas of human endeavour.
St Patrick’s School seeks for all children to aim high in whatever field of endeavour they are engaged in, whilst also emphasising the school motto of ‘strength in gentleness’ that strives to reflected in the traditions and culture evident throughout the school.