Stepney Primary School
Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
About Stepney Primary School
At Stepney Primary we aim to be an outstanding, learning-centred school which is always looking forward: breaking down the barriers, widening the horizons!
Stepney Primary School has approximately 242 pupils, with 40 of this number in the school's nursery. The school itself is based in a grade two listed building, built in 1886 and opened to pupils in May 1887.
It is a community of children and adults in which everyone contributes, everyone enjoys and learns, and where everyone is valued. A small school with great expectations.
OUR VISION, AIMS AND VALUES
As a school community (staff, pupils, parents/carers, governors and stakeholders) we aim to ensure that:
• Every child is provided with opportunities which will enable him/her to enjoy, achieve, be healthy, stay safe, have economic wellbeing and make a positive contribution to society;
• Every child is valued for his/her individual contributions and achievements and develops a positive attitude towards everyone in the life of the school and community;
• Every child will be taught to uphold British and Christian values;
• Every child develops high self-esteem, confidence and a true feeling of self worth and develops a sense of responsibility;
• Every child will have full and equal opportunities in all aspects of school life;
• Every child develops a lively, enquiring mind and life skills so that he/she will have the ability to experiment, investigate, take risks, challenge, discriminate and make informed choices whilst at school and in their later life;
• Every child is able to respond positively as a learner and we inspire every child with a lifelong love of learning;
• Every child will be enriched, motivated and challenged by a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant for all;
• Every child will develop English, Maths and ICT skills for life through the whole curriculum;
• Every child is given opportunities to develop global awareness, citizenship skills and an understanding and tolerance of other people’s cultures, race, religion, beliefs and physical differences;
• Every child’s spiritual, moral and cultural development is encouraged;
• Every child is able to work and play in an environment that stimulates and supports his/her development.
Stepney Primary School upholds the following values as a result of these aims:
• Respect and kindness towards others, their views, beliefs and belongings,
• Self control and self discipline,
• Responsibility for our own actions,
• Being polite and considerate,
• Building a sense of community,
• Fostering a love of learning,
• Having a good attitude.
Working for us
f you're searching for your next teaching post, why not contact us now? You'll be working at a great school and be part of a friendly, helpful team. We're always interested to hear from enthusiastic, committed teachers.