Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
About Swavesey Primary
Swavesey Primary School serves a rural catchment area, including the villages of Swavesey and Lolworth. We currently have 307 children working in 11 mixed age classes.
Our school provides a broad, challenging and practical curriculum within a warm, stimulating and imaginative environment to enable our children to enjoy their learning, as well as, develop the skills, attitudes and knowledge to become lifelong learners and achieve their full potential.
We work closely in partnership with our parents throughout the stages of our children’s school life and hope that parents enjoy feeling that they are an integral part of our school community
Values and vision
Our school aims to develop children who are:
- happy, healthy and confident
- ready, independent, life long learners
- resilient, resourceful and reflective learners
- responsible, honest global citizens
- A safe, stimulating and healthy environment
- Teaching which is inspiring, inclusive and active
- A broad challenging curriculum
- Encouraging creativity, individualism and team work
- Celebration of successes in all aspects of achievement
- Excellent partnerships with parents, governors and the community
“From broadly average starting points, pupils make excellent progress and standards are exceptionally high by the end of Year 6. Pupils' achievement is outstanding. Pupils are prepared extremely well for their future lives because of the very high level of skills they have in literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology (ICT)… A significant strength of the school is pupils' personal development, which is outstanding. Pupils' personal development reflects the excellent care, guidance and support the school provides. Pupils' enjoyment in their learning is exemplary."