The Boulevard Academy
Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
About The Boulevard Academy
Located on the site of the former Hull FC Stadium on The Boulevard in West Hull we moved into our brand new, purpose-built Academy in September 2013. Following our approval to expand we will ultimately cater for 900 students aged between 11 and 16. The academy serves students from across the city and we are proud to serve the community of West Hull.
“To work with all our students to assist them to develop the high expectations, academic and life skills that will best help them to be successful. Fostering personal confidence and happiness, we will challenge students to take responsibility for building a better world for the next generation.”
To make this a reality we will:
- Ensure every child achieves, no matter what their starting point.
- Set high expectations and create a culture of success to ensure the best outcomes for all.
- Ensure our teaching delivers academic achievement across a range of subjects as well as developing a positive attitude to succeed in all students.
- Provide all students with a learning plan based on frequent assessment, monitoring and data analysis.
- Have an expectation that all parents and students participate fully in the school experience and actively support the school in its mission.
- We will select only the best staff to work with and for our students because the right people make the difference.
- Demonstrate the joy of learning and the importance of community.
We believe that this approach will best enable our students to leave the academy well equipped in the ‘life skills’ that they will need to be successful in whatever pathway they choose.
By joining us at The Boulevard Academy you will be joining us as we have just received approval to expand our school and its buildings. The plans for this expansion include new music and drama facilities; technology rooms for practical and digital studies as well as more general teaching classrooms; a new staff area and a Learning Resource area. Our vision can only be realised by recruiting exceptional colleagues, who can make a purposeful and lasting impact on the community we serve.
We are looking for inspirational and innovative teachers and support staff with creativity and drive, who will make a real difference to all the young people who attend our academy. Staff will have the opportunity to accelerate their own career, working closely with Senior Leaders to shape lasting change.
If this opportunity to be part of our exciting new phase enthuses you, then we want to hear from you.