The Hampshire School, Chelsea
Kensington and Chelsea, United Kingdom
About The Hampshire School, Chelsea
The Hampshire School was founded by, and takes its name from, Mrs. June Hampshire, who started the school in Surrey in 1928 and moved its operation to Knightsbridge in 1933. In 1961, her daughter, Mrs. Jane Box-Grainger (known as 'Miss Jane') succeeded her as principal. The School expanded into the Ennismore Gardens premises in 1969.
In 1982, the school pioneered a policy of taking its older children to France for annual courses of study. All forms over the age of eight continue to enjoy the benefit of these courses as an integral part of the Curriculum.
In 1986, ownership of the school was transferred to the Nord Anglia Education Group and Mr. Arthur Bray was appointed as Headmaster.
Since 1986 The Hampshire School has expanded to three sites centred around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. In 1988, the freehold of a building in Queensborough Terrace was acquired and in 1993, a building in Wetherby Place was acquired.