Trafford, United Kingdom
About Trafford College
Trafford College recently celebrated receiving an outstanding accolade from Ofsted following a recent inspection this June. The report is tribute to the remarkable progress that has been made since the merger, and the quality of service that the College has provided. Some of the key strengths from the report included student support, employer engagement and the effectiveness of the College's Leadership Team.
Trafford College has placed itself firmly on the map as one of the leading providers of education and training in Greater Manchester, offering responsive provision which meets the needs of young people, adults, and employers alike. The College aims to ultimately equip Manchester with a skilled workforce for the future and has already established an impressive portfolio of business clients across a wide range of industries.
With four sites across Greater Manchester, the College, which has approximately 11,000 students, prepares learners for a happy and fulfilled working life in a wide range of sectors. Young people leaving school can choose from traditional academic or vocational courses; adults can take up learning for the first time or enhance their career with higher level qualifications and employers can use the College's business training unit to help upskill their employees.
As well as a National Training Award, a Springboard Award for Excellence, National Skills Academy status and a Centre of Vocational Excellence (CoVE), the College holds 'Beacon'* status as a result of our excellent inspections and examination results. Trafford College Principal, Sir Bill Moorcroft, was last year awarded a Knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours for his services to local and national further education.
Trafford College continues to go from strength to strength; with a record number of enrolments this year and excellent pass rates. The College aims to provide an even higher quality of teaching, further investment into facilities and even greater success for students in the future.
Through its exceptional engagement with modern business and innovative approach to learning, Trafford College prepares learners for a successful and rewarding working life.
- To be regarded as one of the finest providers in the FE system;
- To provide provision that responds to the needs of young people and supports all learning pathways;
- To provide responsive provision that meets the skills needs of employers locally and regionally;
- To achieve the new standard for employer responsiveness by 2008/09;
- To provide provision for adult learners that supports the personal and professional development of individuals;
- To provide a portfolio of Higher Education provision that meets both individual and employer need;
- To provide inspirational learning environments;
- To provide a learning environment that is accessible to all, that promotes equality of opportunity and values diversity and where appropriate support is provided to ensure all students achieve their maximum potential irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age;
- To engage all staff in professional service delivery and develop a key focus on customer service priorities.
We are committed to: -
- operating with integrity, honesty and respect;
- working collaboratively with open communication and mutual trust;
- recognising the needs, efforts and achievements of everyone;
- taking responsibility for continuous improvement;
- being excellent
- Enthusiastic Curiosity
- Staying Close
- Fabulous Delivery