Turing House School
Richmond upon Thames, United Kingdom
About Turing House School
Welcome to the Turing House School Career site!
Are you passionate about teaching your subject? Are you looking for an inspirational school that provides the rare opportunities that a growing school does? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House opened in September 2015 with a strong focus on Science and Engineering. It was set up by a parent-led group and became the fifth school in the Russell Education Trust (RET), the largest group of free schools in the country. We are now in our sixth academic year and this September we were very excited to open our sixth form, also welcoming students from other schools to continue their education with us.
Turing House School has had enormous local support since it was first proposed, we have been oversubscribed for every intake so far and we have a waiting list in all year groups. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The support to staff provided by the knowledge and experience in RET is invaluable. RET secondary schools are among the most successful in the country; the Progress 8 score for the Trust’s first set of GCSE results in 2018 placed RET among the top MATs nationally and our EBACC entry and success rate is the top ten nationally. The first cohort of Turing House students received their GCSEs last academic year, despite not sitting their exams due to Covid, they did exceptionally well.
Plans for our permanent site have been approved and building work has started with completion scheduled for November 2021. In the meantime, we are in two temporary sites in Teddington (Y10-12) and Hampton (Y7-9).
To continue to develop the vision for Turing House School, we need the very best staff who are able to embed our ethos into their teaching and wider school life. We have already created a wonderful environment for young people to learn and mature in but there is much more to be done to secure this as we grow in the coming years to our full capacity and move in to our permanent site.
We are currently looking for the following roles to join our passionate and energetic team:
- Head of Design & Technology - April 2021
- Maths Teacher - April/ September 2021
- Geography Teacher - April/ September 2021 - part-time considered
- Computer Science Teacher - September 2021
The successful candidates will:
- Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
- Please see our website or this link for our virtual open evening/morning events: https://www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/virtual-open-events-2020.php
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
- All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
- Smaller classes of 25 students.
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme.
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy teachers make a happy school.
- Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas. Our sixth form opened in September 2020.
- During the academic year 2021/22 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state of the art facilities: https://anewhomeforturinghouse.co.uk/
- Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as duty free delicious meals from our catering company.
Please visit our website to apply for the above roles or apply through TES: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1067465
If you do not teach the subject(s)/role listed above but are interested in working at our school in the future, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us and we can keep in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us.
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”- Teacher testimonial
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”- Teacher testimonial
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”- Ofsted
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated.- Parent testimonial
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”- Ofsted
Sometimes it is the people no-one imagines anything of who do the things that no-one can imagine.- Attributed to Alan Turing
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.- William Butler Yeats