Wolverhampton Girls' High School
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
About Wolverhampton Girls' High School
WOLVERHAMPTON GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL – VISION STATEMENT
Our school community is a place where:
· The traditions, ethos and reputation of the school provide a firm foundation for the future.
· Each individual is valued and respected; everyone is encouraged to express their own thoughts, ideas and opinions in the knowledge that these will be valued.
· Everyone is able to feel happy, healthy and safe.
· Organisation and routines foster an ordered and purposeful atmosphere.
· Mutual support and team work enable all to move forward together.
· All are able to experience the satisfaction of making progress and achieving personal goals.
Our school aims to provide an environment in which:
· Learning is an engaging and enjoyable process of discovery.
· Each person can achieve their potential in whatever they undertake.
· Everyone acts with tolerance and shows care, consideration and courtesy towards others.
· All receive the information and support necessary to make appropriate choices and decisions.
· The all-round development of each individual is nurtured by providing levels of pace and challenge appropriate to their capabilities.
· Learning styles, personal choices and aspirations are catered for.
· Students learn how to communicate effectively and to develop positive relationships.
· Each student develops an awareness of self, of her environment and her roles within it, and of her capacity to make a positive impact.
· Students develop the skills to become confident, independent, responsible members of the various communities to which they belong.
· Each student is equipped to achieve success, to respond and adapt to an ever-changing world and to manage effectively all aspects of her life.
There's a lot going on at this school. 'Enrichment', that buzz word, is plentiful here".- Good Schools Guide
Very impressed with the induction process. My daughter felt very welcomed into the school".- Parent
Lessons are a completely different experience: the ambiance is relaxed; relationships with teachers are superb; and it is so enjoyable to take the subjects you love, or to try out new ones".- Student
Provision is excellent and students in the Sixth Form reach very high standards and make outstanding progress".- Ofsted
What I love most about the school is that the teachers will always be there for you both academically and personally, whenever you need them".- Student
A gentle, determined and successful school run by scholarly staff who really seem to enjoy teaching bright, lively, willing pupils. For the pupils, experiences for life".- Good Schools Guide
Teaching is excellent and very focused on students achieving academic excellence".- Ofsted