West Sussex, United Kingdom
About Worthing College
About the college
Worthing College is a popular college with over 1600 students. Our mission to provide Opportunity, Achievement, Success and Progression is underpinned by our strong desire to become outstanding in the near future. We believe teaching and learning is the most important priority for all staff and studentsand the quality of teaching and learning and students’ achievements are the most important measures of College performance.
To achieve the college mission we are committed to our values. These are -
- Put people first, care for students and staff, recognise each individual’s needs
- Make teaching and learning the top priority, value each person and foster individual learning to develop the whole person
- Work together with others to raise the ambitions and achievement of everyone
- Embrace diversity and challenge all forms of discrimination
- Strive for excellence, foster openness and trust and commit to continuous improvement where learners help shape improvements and the organisation as a whole
Why work at Worthing College
Our staff are highly valued, well-qualified and very experienced. They are highly committed to the individual progress of students and to ensuring that all individual students reach their potential. Staff benefits With a supportive, inclusive environment, we offer a wide range of benefits to staff such as:
- Final salary pension schemes for both Teaching and Support Staff
- Generous leave entitlement
- Access to our on-site nursery for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old
- Access to a range of sport and fitness activities on site and at Worthing Leisure Centre next door to our campus, free parking
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme and a Cycle to work schem
- Personal development plans and a wide range of development opportunities on and off site
- Benenden Healthcare membership free to staff with 3 or more years continuous service
Continuing professional development is at the heart of success and being able to adapt to change. Individual development plans are integral to our well developed appraisal scheme to ensure the very highest of standards of success can be achieved throughout the college. We provide a range of support for your development internally and externally. We are committed to helping staff, as well as students, to learn and be creative.
Health & Wellbeing
We recognise the importance of the Health and Wellbeing of our staff and students. This is a critical factor in ensuring that Worthing College thrives as an organisation. The College is committed to encouraging optimum work-life balance and developing a work culture where everyone is treated with respect. We conduct regular staff surveys, we embrace staff consultation and feedback and we are continuously seeking ways in which we can improve the staff experience.
Worthing College is an inclusive college simple and free of barriers to entry wherever possible. The college is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Do you share the core values of our College?
Can you contribute to the continued success of our College?
We are delighted to welcome applications from candidates who share our core values and who are able to contribute to our continued future success. We have a very strong commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and celebrating diversity. We want to recruit staff of the highest calibre who will inspire, support and challenge students to achieve their potential.