0.8 ICT Lecturer
Salary: Up to £35,650.00 per annum depending on experience (Actual Salary £28,520.00 per annum)
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated ICT Lecturer to join our Creative & Digital team, on a part-time basis working 28 hours per week. This is a fixed-term post for one year; the end date will depend on the successful candidate’s start date. This role will be predominantly based at Nelson and Colne College but travel across other College sites may be required.
Main duties include:
• Teach on a range of programmes delivering effective learning (specifically Programming and Computer Science)
• Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, records and provide information as requested using College systems to track and communicate student progress
• Ensure close liaison and good communications with colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
• GCSEs grade C or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (ICT, Programming and Computer Science)
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.