20 hours per week – Term time plus 1 week
Ormiston Victory Academy is looking to recruit an appropriately experienced, enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our dedicated, supportive and highly effective team working in our on-site Alternative Provision Unit – St George’s House.
The post is student specific and is to work alongside a student with varying special educational needs, challenging behaviour and some social and emotional difficulties.
We are looking for a focused and conscientious individual, with calm, caring and patient approach who has:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable young people with challenging behaviour in an education setting
- The ability to deliver personalised activities to improve the students progression and success in sustained education
- The relevant skills to be able to plan, prepare and deliver 1:1 tutoring in English and Mathematics at KS2 & 3
- The ability to form positive relationships and undertake the key worker role, liaising with the professionals and parent/carers
- Are willing to undertake training and attend meetings as necessary
It is essential for the successful candidate to care about the social and emotional improvement of young people with challenging behaviour and have an impact on enabling the achievement of life skills and meaningful qualifications. If you are prepared to work tirelessly to ensure their success and have the ability to support this important aspect of our provision; we want to hear from you.
We would welcome and encourage candidates to visit the Academy by appointment.
This post is temporary whilst the student is attending the Academy or their needs change.
If you think this might be the role for you, please email your letter of application, CV and completed application form (available on our website, www.ormistonvictoryacademy.co.uk) to Nicole Hawes, PA to the Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications by: 9.00am on Wednesday 24th January 2018
Interviews expected to be held by: Wednesday 31st January 2018
Ormiston Victory Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ormiston Victory Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.