Harris Primary Free School Peckham opened in 2012 to meet the demand for high quality primary school places in Southwark. We are a two form entry academy with full year groups up to Year 3, and Year 4 starting in September 2016. By growing slowly but steadily, we are able to give every one of our 180 children a great deal of personal attention. We have a superb team of teachers and support staff, all of whom are experts in primary education. In March 2014, Ofsted judged our academy to be outstanding, reflecting the commitment that everyone in our community has to ensure that every child fulfils their potential.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our team at Harris Primary Free School Peckham. This is a great opportunity to support a child on a one to one basis in gaining the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for a successful future, supporting them as they think, play, discover and wonder.
What we are looking for:
- An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
- An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
- A person with the ability to support individual pupils to help them make excellent progress
Why work at Harris Primary Free School Peckham?
- Exceptional professional development opportunities, with specific training around phonics and maths so you can lead your own groups and interventions
- A warm, friendly staff team
- Engaging, enthusiastic and well-behaved children
- A modern learning environment, with excellent equipment and facilities
To help with your application, please download the Candidate Information Pack, which will give you more information and full details of the responsibilities of the role.
For information about Harris Primary Free School Peckham, please visit www.harrisfreeschoolpeckham.org.uk or call 0207 394 5700 to arrange a visit to the academy.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.