1:1 Mental Health Support Worker
ARE YOU A TEACHING ASSISTANT LOOKING FOR A POSITION WITHIN A PUPIL REFFERAL UNIT
ARE YOU AVAILABLE BETWEEN 5 DAYS A WEEK FROM SEPTEMBER 2018?
VISION FOR EDUCATION WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU …….
- Outstanding setting
- 9 – 16 year olds
- Hours are between 8am – 8pm
- Term time only
- High Standards
- £65 - £75 (per day)
The ideal candidate for this 1:1 Mental Health Support Worker role will have experience working with vulnerable children / challenging young people or a similar setting. You must be enthusiastic and have the ability to build a rapport with students, be resilient, flexible and be able to think fast on your feet to adapt to challenging situations.
You would need to have experience supporting young people in a similar setting and ideally be trained in Team Teach or similar de-escalation techniques. Not be fazed by challenging behaviours and understand that the behaviour is the display of what the young person is feeling or living through.
Be a role model to show the young person the choices they are making are not positive but to give them options to change those choices. This is a long term 1:1 Mental Health Support Worker position through Vision for Education on a daily rate however the chance of a contract being offered after 12 weeks is highly likely for the right candidate. The desirable 1:1 Mental Health Support Worker will be prepared to complete essential training prior to starting in this setting.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a 1:1 Mental Health Support Worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a passionate 1:1 support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this 1:1 Mental Health Support Worker role and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team, at the Huddersfield branch.