We are looking to appoint a SEND Learning Support Assistant, to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team. They will play a key role in the individual support for a named child in Year 5 with complex special educational needs, including intimate care. The successful individual will work alongside another LSA, supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the child.
About Cordwalles Junior School
Led by an executive leadership team, Cordwalles offers an exceptional provision for children between 7–11 years. The executive team work across three schools locally and see themselves as a family of schools in the community, striving to be the best that we can for the children and families in our community, knowing that together, we are stronger. Our core purpose each day is to secure the highest standards of education for our pupils and to ensure that they receive the preparation they need for their futures, helping them build the resilience and character they need to make a success of their lives.
Relationships between our staff and pupils at Cordwalles are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. Our ethos is underpinned by strong values: RESPECT – ENDEAVOUR - SUCCEED. The school offers a vibrant, rich curriculum for all, regardless of need and background, and we work hard to meet the needs of each pupil. We are proud that Ofsted recognised that all our schools are ‘Good’, and crucially that “No pupils are left out or left behind…” (2019). We pride ourselves on knowing each child and each family well in order to personalise provision and build positive relationships. Ofsted saw that “School leaders and staff know each pupil through and through….” (2019). This positive and inclusive culture permeates all aspects of school life in each of our schools.
We work closely with the Trust within the Teaching School, supporting Teacher Training, School-to-School support with SLE and LLE brokering and leading CPD across schools. We benefit from sharing outstanding resources, CPD and practise across a wide range of GLF schools.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone to;
- Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
- Relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
Why work at Cordwalles Junior School
- the opportunity to join a small and friendly team where you can make a real difference to our children.
- a varied and interesting role where your contribution will be highly valued.
- supportive colleagues and senior leaders. Access to excellent training and career progression opportunities through our partnership with GLF schools.
- a location with good road and public transport links.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £18,000 - £21,100 (Full time equivalent)
Pro Rata: £14,410 - £16,892
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm for 33.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 4th October 2021
Cordwalles Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years
Cordwalles Junior School is a 2 form entry school which promotes inclusion and mutual respect within a safe, caring and stimulating environment. We cater for children between 7 and 11 years of age and have a spacious, well-resourced building and exte...