1:1 SEN Tutor
£25.00 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferable experience working with individuals with SEND
Contract Dates: N/A this is a temporary supply role
Vision for Education are looking for 1-1 SEN tutors to work with individuals who are unable to access mainstream school. We are working with a number of Schools and LEA’s within South Yorkshire, to support looked after children, on a 1-1 basis and occasionally in small group settings.
As a 1-1 SEN tutor, you will work with individuals who may have learning difficulties and commonly have behavioural needs, helping them access the learning and support they need to make progress in their education. This will take place either in a home setting, within a school or occasionally in a pre-arranged community setting. The tutoring sessions aim to build foundations between looked after children and their peers, with the aim of reintegrating the students into a group setting.
We are looking for tutors who are highly ambitious, enthusiastic and can be creative in their approach to the curriculum. You must be committed, flexible and be willing to travel to various locations, to meet individual’s needs.
The school / setting
All of our SEND schools and settings are passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
To be considered for the position of a 1-1 tutor you must have:
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Experience of working 1:1 with students with special educational needs or looked after children
• Be available ASAP
• Having access to your own vehicle is essential
• Secondary experience is highly desirable
• Confident in basic English and Maths
• Be flexible and creative in your approach to work
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE CPD to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350
• Regular social events £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a qualified Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield Branch on 0114 553 0900